League of Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
League of Legends

A World of Warcraft guild -Oceanic Server Barthilas

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Caster + Spell Hit

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Koushi
Koushi

Caster + Spell Hit Empty
PostSubject: Caster + Spell Hit   Caster + Spell Hit Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 3:21 pm

Hey guys... this is pretty much a spell caster topic.. but ill just chuck it here..

I got this from the Blizzard website:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/basics/spells.html

+1% spell hit chance increases the base chance for a spell to land against a target by 1%

If your target is the same level as you: 96% base hit chance.
If the target is +1 levels compared to you: 95% base hit chance.
If the target is +2 levels compared to you: 94% base hit chance.
If the target is +3 levels compared to you: 83% base hit chance.
If the target is +4 levels compared to you: 72% base hit chance.
If the target is +5 levels compared to you: 61% base hit chance.

As all bosses are +3 levels compared to you, you only have a 83% chance of hitting it with your spells. As you can only get 99% hit percentage for any monster, the magic number for bosses is 16% + hit from items / abilities.

Affliction Warlocks get it good as they have a talent (suppression), which adds 10% +hit to affliction spells so u only need another 6%. Destruction / Demonology needs 16% as suppression only counts for affliction spells...

So pretty much, for trash mobs, you would need 5% + spell hit to hit them 99% of the time. For bosses, you will see an increase in dps even though yuo switch gear as the saying goes: "u cant dmg what u cant hit" ?

This forum thread from worldofwar.net was very nice andn i thought i mite share it to u guys so you know what items to aim for which has spell hit:

http://wow.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=401282

Enjoy guys n gals bounce
Back to top Go down

Caster + Spell Hit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
League of Legends :: Classes :: Warlock-
Jump to: